I am trying to think of ways to generate revenue from this crafting stuff. Etsy seems to be failing me in more ways than one, granted I don't have an exuberant amount of products on there but I felt as though I would have sold at least a few things at this point. I have spent more money on the site than I have any other website in the history of my internet usage.
I would like to teach classes on different classes but I am not sure how to set that up, perhaps and individual add on Craigslist? That seem shady to me, all of Craiglist seems shady, not sure if it the appropriate place for it. I feel as though it would be awkwardly placed between an ad for "adult massages" and furniture riddled with bed bugs.
I also have thought of legitimizing my business, there are perks and then there are cons to that concept too. I am not sure that it has the potential right now to generate enough money to even afford a business license. I suppose I should contact an attorney to see at what point I need to start claiming an income from it. On the upside it would allow me to write off many of my expenses. I do think that at this point in the foundation of the business that I have a lot of work to do before it is really "time" to launch that.
The other thing that I wonder is if Etsy would allow me to sell tutorials, I mean it would be a wonderful way for me to get out there and be know. I dont see why they wouldn't as they allow people to sell patterns. I suppose I will email the admins today, only much later.
More on this later
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment