Sorry I haven't I have been entertaining for over a week straight, so basically I spent 12 days or so cleaning, chasing kids around and what not. This has however not curbed my research process.. I found a new way to make rag rugs that looks a whole bunch easier than crocheting. This required me to make a toothbrush sewing needle sort of thing... well it is a sewing needle. Basically you take a toothbrush and cut the brissels (sp) off. Chris was able to to just break then ends off which saved me who knows how much time from sawing at the tooth brush. Well I started to whittle and did some more and went outside to talk to the neighbor and started rubbing it on the cement. To think that the original site I looked at had them hand carved out of wood and bone... who the hell would spend the time to rub what ever they had to to use bone. I have to admit that rubbing it on the bricks gave me a whole new appreciation for those that make shanks in prison..Like I had tools and still had a hard time. Finally I got it to a point and then had to start working on the hole... which consistently is the hardest part. I tried to soften the plastic by putting in in boiling water it boiled and boiled and apparently though the plastic was relatively soft it has a HIGH boiling point... I finally got the center done.. and here it is!

No comments:
Post a Comment