Monday, April 30, 2012
Until Your Fingers Bleed
I am working on rag rugs, today has been epic damages to my hands. My fingers were sore from crocheting last night, which is when I started crocheting the rug. Well this morning I ran out of the blue that I was working with, and as usual I was illly(sp) prepared. So me and Scarlett went on a sheet purchasing adventure. 2 thrift stores and 50$ later I had sheets to keep working with, along with a large amount of other things that I really didnt need. I get beast baby down for her slumber and start cutting up the sheets to crochet with. At first that process went GREAT but then I got distracted by that guy on PBS (because I couldn't find the remote) that had the half hour painting show since the 1970s. First it started with me hitting my fingers with the rolling blade for my cutting board. I then decided that it was a better idea to use the scissors as they are more dull and could only be less damaging... HAhaha By the end up my cutting time today I threw out a copious amount of material and had 5 band-aids on my fingers... Now that I am sporting my band-aids I am wondering what there is out there that I could use to cover my thumb (that is latex free) that will protect it from the pressure of the crochet hook and not compromise the grip that I have. This is the only time that I have ever experienced such an issue, I am not sure what the issue is. I wouldn't be surprised if it the larger side hook or that it is plastic as opposed to metal. Hrm... Might have to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what I can figure out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment